Preservation of teeth and chewing ability
Dental prophylaxis is the crucial treatment for the preservation of teeth and the ability to chew. The colonization of the inside of the mouth by microorganisms is a natural, biological process. These microorganisms also include bacteria. Here it is important to achieve a healthy bacterial balance in the oral cavity in the long term.
The main factor in tooth disease is plaque, better known as plaque. If this is not removed properly and regularly, tartar develops. This often leads to painful dental diseases such as caries, gingivitis and periodontitis. If these diseases are left untreated, the bone can be affected. In the worst case, the resulting instability can result in the loss of the tooth.
Depending on the individual risk factors of our patients, we distinguish between:
- General maintenance therapy without significant risk factors
- Prophylaxis in combination with caries prophylaxis for the professional prevention of new caries
- Advanced periodontal prophylaxis without the need for additional periodontitis treatment
- Initial therapy in preparation for further periodontitis treatment
- Maintenance therapy after completion of further periodontitis treatment
Professional dental care concept
Plaque and tartar can be largely removed by intensive daily tooth cleaning. However, the effectiveness of home oral hygiene is limited by stress and increased mobility. Therefore, a professional dental care concept is necessary for beautiful and, above all, healthy teeth. The niches and spaces between the teeth are particularly difficult to clean with a toothbrush – plaque remains there and tartar often develops.
We adapt our forms of treatment to your individual needs:
- Professional teeth cleaning
- Fissure sealing
- Fluoridation of tooth surfaces to prevent caries
- Tooth surface polishing
- Saliva tests
- Tooth brushing training
We help you to maintain the health and aesthetics of your teeth with a professional dental care concept.